212 pages, Figs, tabs, b/w photos
Details the study of structures and processes involved in sexual reproduction in plants; focuses on economically important species; and presents research and hypotheses with the added benefit of definition of technical terms.
2) Stamen and Androecium;
3) Pollen Development-Theme and Variations;
4) Pollen Development-Details of Stages;
5) Carpel and Gynoecium;
6) Ovule and Embryo Sac;
7) Pollination and Pollen-Stigma Interaction;
8) Pollen Germination, pollen Tube Growth, and Double Fertilization;
10) The Embryo
1. Introduction 2. Stamen and Androecium 3. Pollen Development - Theme and Variations 4. Pollen Development - Details of Stages 5. Carpel and Gynoecium 6. Ovule and Embryo Sac 7. Pollination and Pollen-Stigma Interaction 8. Pollen Germination, pollen Tube Growth, and Double Fertilization 9. Endosperm 10. The Embryo
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Nels Lersten is Professor Emeritus at Iowa State University, Ames, and holds a Ph.D. in Botany from Berkeley and an MS from the University of Chicago. He is a former Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Botany, former Editor-in-Chief, Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science.