Geology, one of the basic natural sciences, is proving to be of outstanding importance in solving problems relating to:
- exploitation of the Earth's mineral resources
- environmental issues
- soil preservation
- energy and other resources
- protection against natural disasters (landslides, floods, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes) as well as human health.
The main objective of the book Medical Geology: Effects of Geological Environments on Human Health is to show how the geological environment affects human health and to explore preventative methods for improvement.
This monograph consists of the following five segments:
- Geological and other factors and their influence on the human health
- Subject, tasks and methods of geomedical discipline
- Regional medical geology
- Applied medical geology
The topics covered in this book will be of interest to a wide circle of readers, including geologists, doctors, biologists, ecologists, planners and many others who are dedicated to the quality and protection of human health.
The original book, Medicinska Geologija, was published in 2002 by "Tellur" (publishing house) in Belgrade, Serbia.
"The topics covered in this book will be of interest to a wide circle of readers, including geologists, physicians, biologists, ecologists, planners, public health professionals, and many others who are dedicated to the quality and protections of human health."
- Fakhry A. Assaad, Consultant Geologist and Data Analyst, in Environmental Geology, Jan 2006
"a unique medical scientific book that combines together several interrelated medical sciences with different branches of Earth Science and their implications on the environment and human health."
- Environmental Geology, 2005
1. General part
2. Geological factors
3. Other natural factors
4. Anthropogenic factors
5. Socio-economic factors and their influence on human health and health protection
6. The geography of disease (nosogeography)
7. Subject and tasks of geological and medical disciplines in defining quality of the environment and its influence on human health
8. Methods of medical geology
9. Regional medical geology
10. Applied medical geology
11. Use of applied medical geology results in economy and health care
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!