Please note, this is a compilation of articles previously published in volumes 36-66 of the book series Progress in Botany.
This is a reader that gives a complete overview of the history of photosynthesic carbon metabolism research up to the very latest state of the art. It is a collection of 16 reviews written over 30 years, and therefore offers the unique opportunity to follow the history of any particular topic as it took place.
"This book is a collection of the previously published 16 reviews by G.J. Kelly and E. Latzko [...] that appeared approximately every 2 years in the series, Progress in Botany. [...] This book is a useful addition for the training of graduate students and post-doctoral associates in research laboratories [...] . Kelly and Latzko have performed a great service for the field in providing their regular reports that are brought together in this book. [...] we recommend this book highly [...] ."
- Archie R. Portis Jr. and Govindjee, Photosynthesis Research, Vol. 90 (3), 2006
"Sixteen review articles describing the carbon side of photosynthesis appeared in volumes 36-66 of the book series entitled Progress in Botany. [...] The reviews reprinted in original form in this Volume had various subtitles characterizing the most important pool of information or anniversary. [...] Every review was accompanied with hundreds of references [...] . it is a welcome source of information for young scientists who-I hope-will not only look at internet, but also read books printed on paper."
- Z. Šesták, Photosynthetica, Vol. 45 (4), December, 2007
- Photosynthesis: Carbon Metabolism (1974)
- Photosynthesis. Biochemical and Physiological Aspects of Carbon Metabolism (1976)
- Control of Carbon Metabolism Through Enzyme Regulation of Membrane-Related Metabolite Transport (1978)
- Carbon Metabolism: Chloroplast Capability and the Uncertain Fate of CO2 (1980)
- Carbon Metabolism: The Profound Effects of Illumination on the Metabolism of Photosynthetic Cells (1982)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: On Land and at the Sea (1984)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: By Day and by Night (1986)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: New Regulators of CO2-Fixation, the New Importance of Pyrophosphate, and the Old Problem of Oxygen Involvement Revisited (1989)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: On Regulation at the Cellular Level and at the Whole Plant Level, and Some Considerations Concerning the Interactions of These Regulatory Events with the Increasing Level of Atmospheric CO2 (1992)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: Twenty Years of Following Carbon Cycles in Photosynthetic Cells (1993)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: The Chlorosplast's Sesquicentenary, and Some Thoughts on the Limits to Plant Productivity (1995)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: The Carbon Metabolisms of Unstressed and Stressed Plants (1997)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: In and Beyond the Chloroplast (1999)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: from DNA to Deoxyribose (2001)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: Quantification and Manipulation (2003)
- Photosynthesis. Carbon Metabolism: The Calvin Cycles's Golden Jubilee (2005)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!