Books  Zoology  Ornithology  Australasia 

Tasmanian Bird Atlas

Flora / FaunaDistribution Atlas

Series: Fauna of Tasmania Handbook Volume: 2

By: David Thomas

171 pages, distribution maps

University of Tasmania School of Zoology

Paperback | Dec 1979 | #159978
Availability: Usually dispatched within 2-4 weeks Details
NHBS Price: £13.50 $17/€16 approx

About this book

This publication covers data collected during the period 1900-1976. About 10% of the records are based on the literature, the remaining 90% on observations made since 1960.

The earliest data was collected for the Atlas Project of the Bird Observors' Association of Tasmania (B.O.A.T.). This started as a personal venture of the author and grew, after incorporation with the Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union Atlas scheme, into a comprehensive collection of distribution maps for 138 species.

Write a review

There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!

Bestsellers in this subject

The Australian Bird Guide

NHBS Special Offer Price: £16.99 £24.99 (Save £8.00) $22/€20 approx (ends 31/05/2017)

Birds of Australia

NHBS Price: £29.99 $39/€36 approx

Collins Field Guide to the Birds of South-East Asia

Pre-publication offer: £29.99 £39.99 (Save £10.00) $39/€36 approx

The Hand Guide to the Birds of New Zealand

NHBS Price: £46.99 $61/€56 approx

The Field Guide to the Birds of New Zealand

NHBS Price: £64.99 $84/€77 approx

VAT: GB 407 4846 44
NHBS Ltd is registered in England and Wales: 1875194