By: Donald K Kaufman and Cecilia M Franz
461 pages, colour illus
Written for use in introductory environmental science college courses, or in general ecology courses with an environmental emphasis, The Biosphere: Protecting Our Global Environment is a comprehensive textbook that includes:
* Twenty chapters in five major units, with each chapter organized around a series of questions and answers
* Every chapter has been completely updated to include the most recent statistics, data and events
* Scores of worldwide examples and photos illustrate the global nature of environmental issues
* Dozens of examples and statistics from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to give readers a better understanding of issues closer to home
* Discussion topics that include world views, religion, ethics, environmental education, cultural resources, and the relationship between human population growth and the status of women
* List of practical actions - called "What You can Do" enable individuals, classes and communities to become active participants in the most important endeavor of the 21st century: the effort to preserve our shared environment * "Delving Deeper", an online resource for the reader who wants to learn more
* Links to other environmental organizations and web sites
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985