Get the inside story on outer space from three-time shuttle astronaut R. Mike Mullane.
"An excellent reference. This book has to be on the shelf of every space buff."
– James Lovell, Commander, Apollo 13.
"A fascinating collection of honest, factual, from-the-heart answers to the most often asked questions about spaceflight and spacefliers. Required reading for all who aspire to travel in space."
– Kathy Thornton, 4-mission Shuttle Astronaut, World Record Holder for Spacewalks by a Woman.
"A brilliant addition to the understanding of space flight. Only a man who has been there – outer space – and done that – fly the Space Shuttle – could render the complexities of flying in space so lucidly."
– Walter J. Boyne, Colonel, USAF (Ret.), Former Director, National Air and Space Museum.
"A highly informative inside view of what astronauts really experience in space."
– Ed Buckbee, Former Director, U.S. Space & Rocket and U.S. Space Camp.
"All astronauts have been peppered with great questions. Mike Mullane has great answers."
– Vice Admiral Richard H. Truly, U.S. Navy (Ret.), Columbia 1981, Challenger 1983, NASA Administrator 1989-1992
Space Shuttle Pre-Mission and Launch Operations.
Space Shuttle Orbit Operations.
Life in Space.
Space Shuttle Reentry and Landing.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
R. Mike Mullane, a West Point graduate and veteran astronaut, is also the recipient of the Air Force Distinguished Flying Cross and the NASA Space Flight Medal. He has been inducted into the International Space Hall of Fame.