916 pages, colour & b/w photos, colour & b/w illustrations, colour & b/w tables
This immensely comprehensive textbook – taking students from first principles to advanced statistical concepts, and all the while grounding knowledge through the use of SPSS – now focuses on providing essential updates, better accessibility to its key features, more instructor resources and broader reach to new student groups – with powerful new digital developments on the textbook's Companion Website.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- online homework and assessment facility powered by WebAssign enables you to quickly and easily set regular online assignments for your students, test them securely chapter by chapter and provide them with extra opportunities to reinforce class learning through additional online practice – all backed up with immediate online feedback about their performance
- 'study-on-the-go' mobile version of the online student resources encourages those equipped with smartphones and tablets to further explore each chapter's topic by enabling instant access to additional online learning and revision material such as the SPSS videos or answers to end of chapter questions
- education and sport sciences online datasets and testbanks with enhanced ones for psychology, business and management and the health sciences make the book even more relevant to a wider range of subjects across the social sciences and where statistics is taught to a cross-disciplinary audience.
Major updates to the Fourth Edition:
- fully compatible with recent SPSS releases up to and including version 20.0
- a surprise new character to introduce them, a greater selection of Webcasts including SPSS instructional videos and podcasts on the Companion Website help students walk through SPSS analyses when you can't be there to guide them, as well as to cement knowledge of concepts and procedures
- an overhauled and expanded testbank of multiple-choice questions for instructors to further test and monitor students' progress.
"Field makes concerted efforts to provide statistical tools in a very lighthearted fashion by throwing in humor, with great success [...] Very useful, valuable, and interesting. Highly recommended."
- D.V. Chopra, Choice Magazine, 2006-02-01
"Aimed at a wide student audience, the objectives are to explain statistics theory and practice in a clear, engaging, user-friendly way, and the book does this well. For the purist, some of the phrasing might be loose and the theory light, but the book works well as an introductory text for its intended audience."
- Andrew Millard, Research Officer of Greater Glasgow NHS 2006-02-16
"This text is notable for the breadth of statistics covered and for seamless meshing this content with SPSS."
- Eileen Gigliotti 2007-05-31
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Andy Field is Professor of Child Psychopathology at The University of Sussex. He adores cats, listens to and plays loud music and enjoys teaching statistics. His ability to make statistics accessible and fun has been recognised with teaching awards from the University of Sussex (2001), the British Psychological Society (2007) and in 2010 he was awarded a prestigious National Teaching Fellowship.