256 pages, Illus
Social Media for Creative Libraries explains how librarians and information professionals can use online tools to communicate more effectively, teach people different skills and to market and promote their service faster, cheaper and more effectively. Based on his acclaimed work How to Use Web 2.0 in Your Library, Phil Bradley has restructured and comprehensively updated this new book to focus on the activities that information professionals carry out on a daily basis, before then analysing and explaining how online tools can assist them in those activities.
- a discussion of authority checking and why information professionals are needed more than ever in a social media world
- a guide to creating great presentations online
- how online tools can make teaching and training sessions easier and more enjoyable for information professionals
- useful tips for implementing new strategies in libraries and a discussion of the practicalities of library marketing and promotion
- how to create a good social media policy and why
- a look at a few social media disasters and how they could have been avoided
Packed with features and accompanied by introductory videos on the Facet Publishing YouTube channel, Social Media for Creative Libraries is essential reading for all library and information professionals.
Please note the first edition was published under the title How to Use Web 2.0 in Your Library.
Reviews from the first edition:
"This is the sort of book that will be read and referred to by librarians the world over who are keen to be stimulated by the possibilities of web 2.0 and put into practice the many good ideas to enliven and refresh their library services."
– Online Information Review
"This is an excellent straightforward reference text to the range of available Web 2.0 tools, ideal for both librarians in the field and LIS students."
1. An introduction to social media
2. Authority checking
3. Guiding tools
4. Current awareness and selective dissemination of information resources
5. Presentation tools
6. Teaching and training
8. Marketing and promotion - the groundwork
9. Marketing and promotion - the practicalities
10. Creating a social media policy Appendix: Social media disasters
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Phil Bradley is a renowned information specialist, internet consultant and conference speaker who specializes in internet search and social media. In the 24 years he has been working with the internet he has worked with search engine companies, corporate businesses, charities, universities, schools, librarians and government departments to improve and enhance their internet experiences. Phil also blogs about search and social media and is very active on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. He also writes a column in CILIP Update magazine, and previous titles with Facet Publishing include Expert Internet Searching, 4th edition. Phil was President of The Chartered Institute of Information Professionals (CILIP) for 2012-13.