New and expanded for its second edition, Environmental Microbiology: From...
By: Eugene L Madsen(Author)
568 pages, 177 b/w illustrations
This well-referenced, inquiry-driven text Environmental Microbiology presents an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of the emerging field of environmental microbiology.
It covers coherent and comprehensive treatment of the dynamic, emerging field of environmental microbiology; emphasis on real-world habitats and selective pressures experienced by naturally occurring microorganisms; case studies and "Science and the Citizen" features relate issues in the public's mind to the underlying science; unique emphasis on current methodologies and strategies for conducting environmental microbiological research, including methods, logic, and data interpretation.
1. Significance, History, and Challenges of Environmental Microbiology
2. Formation of the Biosphere: Key biogeochemical and evolutionary events
3. Physiological Ecology: Resource Exploitation by Microorganisms
4. A Survey of the Earth's Microbial Habitats
5. Microbial Diversity: Who is here and how do we know?
6. Generating and Interpreting Information in Environmental Microbiology: Methods and Their Limitations
7. Microbial Biogeochemistry: A Grand Synthesis
8. Special and Applied Topics in Environmental Microbiology
9. Future Frontiers in Environmental Microbiology
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Eugene Madsen is an Associate Professor in the Department of Microbiology at Cornell University. He has taught university courses in environmental microbiology for over a decade and serves as a member of the editorial board of several journals, including Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Geomicrobiology, and Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. Madsen has also served as a member of two National Academy of Sciences committees on In situ Bioremediation.
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985