By: Maurice Kottelat (Author), J Freyhof (Author)
646 pages, 600 colour photos, illustrations, colour distribution maps
This reference work covering 546 native and 33 introduced species is a very important contribution on the biodiversity of freshwater fish species in Europe. Much of the information presented is drawn from original research conducted over 8 years in 24 European countries.
- key to genera and species, diagnoses for all species
- methods for identification
- habitat, biology and ecology
- native, extirpated and introduced distribution
- conservation status, validated through IUCN procedures
- up-to-date taxonomy and nomenclature, with modern methods and concepts
- more than 870 bibliographic references
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We find their customer service to be excellent
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985