By: Maurice Kottelat (Author), J Freyhof (Author)
646 pages, 600 photos, illus, dist maps
This reference work covering 546 native and 33 introduced species is a very important contribution on the biodiversity of freshwater fish species in Europe. Much of the information presented is drawn from original research conducted over 8 years in 24 European countries.
- key to genera and species, diagnoses for all species
- methods for identification
- habitat, biology and ecology
- native, extirpated and introduced distribution
- conservation status, validated through IUCN procedures
- up-to-date taxonomy and nomenclature, with modern methods and concepts
- more than 870 bibliographic references
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I just received my book from you - it arrived quickly and in perfect condition because it was packed so well.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985