By: Gillian Torkler (Author), Darryl Torkler (Author)
32 pages, b/w photos
This book looks at the different zones of the New Zealand rocky shore, and the creatures that live within them.
The environments covered are:
- splash zone - pohutukawa, blue penguin, skink, shells
- upper shore - periwinkles, black nerita, rock crab, barnacles
- intertidal zone - mussels, crabs, bull kelp, reef star
- rock pools - cushion sea star, small fish, anemone, shrimp
- lower shore - sea urchin, wandering anemone, cat's eyes, sponges, crayfish
- underwater - seahorse, sea spider, nudibranchs, octopus
There is also a species index and a glossary.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985