The Ranger Capio Moth Trap is ideal for expedition use. Made of lightweight, fine mesh supported by metal rods this highly portable trap folds flat for travel and storage. The Ranger has a white cloth central cone for efficient capture. A large UV resistant rainshield which is vital for rain protection of mercury vapour or mercury blended tungsten bulbs is included. The trap comes packed in a handy carry-bag.
The complete trap kit comes with the trap, mains powered electrics (with 9.5m cable and UK 3-pin plug), 160W Mercury Blended Tungsten ES bulb and rainshield. Alternatively, you can also buy the trap on its own (i.e. without electrics and bulb).
* Self-standing, and can be hung or ground anchored.
* Wide double slider zip provides access to moths with the light running.
* Quick assembly/dismantling of body, cone and rainshield
Please note: Blended bulbs, such as the one included with this trap, consist of both a tungsten and mercury vapour filament. They run much hotter than a conventional 80W/125W mercury vapour bulb, meaning that the risk of them shattering if they get wet is higher. We do not recommend that this type of bulb is used at an attended trapping or public event and it should not be operated without a rainshield. Please be aware that a rainshield may not protect the bulb in rainy and windy conditions.
* Trap size: approx 41cm (16") square x 35cm (14") high. The trap collapses to approx 2cm thickness
* Cone length: 18cm (7")
* Cone aperture at base: 6cm (2.5")
* Length of mains cable: 9.5m
* Weight (including carry-bag and rain shield): approx 1.5kg (3lb)
Replacement base unit supports for the Ranger Capio
Replacement rain shield for the Ranger Capio moth trap
The Ranger Capio is also available with an actinic bulb and electrics
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!