Written in a clear and lively tone, Statistics Using IBM SPSS: An...
764 pages, illustrations, tables
This is an introductory applied statistics text that can be used for a one- or two-semester course at either the undergraduate or graduate level. Central features are its hands-on approach; the use of real data; the wealth of exercises and illustrated examples using these data; the complete set of detailed answers to exercises in an appendix; the presentation of statistical methods with a clear, conceptual emphasis that includes an historical account of each method; and the integration of SPSS in a way that reflects statistical practice. Step-by-step instructions for using SPSS are provided as each new analytic procedure is introduced. A data CD is included with the text so that students may conduct their own statistical analyses and learn firsthand how statistics is used in practice.
"A hands-on approach and a wealth of exercises and examples immerse the reader in the process of data analysis from the very beginning. Students and practitioners alike will benefit from the book's careful, gentle prose, its use of real data, and its step-by-step demonstrations of analytical techniques in SPSS. Perhaps best of all, the authors remain firmly grounded in application."
- Sean P. Corcoran, Steinhardt School of Education, New York University
2. Examining univariate distributions
3. Measures of location, spread, and skewness
4. Re-expressing variables
5. Exploring relationships between two variables
6. Simple linear regression
7. Probability fundamentals
8. Theoretical probability models
9. The role of sampling in inferential statistics
10. Inferences involving the mean of a single population when o is known
11. Inferences involving the mean when o is not known: one and two sample designs
12. One-way analysis of variance
13. Two-way analysis of variance
14. Correlation and simple regression as inferential techniques
15. An introduction to multiple regression
16. Nonparametric methods
Appendix A. Data set descriptions
Appendix B. SPSS macro to generate a sampling distribution of means
Appendix C. Statistical tables
Appendix D. References
Appendix E. Solutions to exercises
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!