316 pages, 120 b/w photos, illustrations, maps
Concerns over climate change and energy depletion are increasing exponentially. Mainstream solutions still assume a panacea that will cure our climate ills without requiring any serious modification to our way of life. Plan C explores the risks inherent in trying to continue our energy-intensive lifestyle.
Using dirtier fossil fuels (Plan A) or switching to renewable energy sources (Plan B) allows people to remain complacent in the face of potential global catastrophe. Dramatic lifestyle change is the only way to begin to create a sustainable, equitable world. The converging crises of Peak Oil, Climate Change and increasing inequity are presented in a clear, concise manner, as are the twin solutions of community (where co-operation replaces competition) and curtailment (deliberately reducing consumption of consumer goods).Plan C shows how each person's individual choices can dramatically reduce CO2 emissions.
It offers specific strategies in the areas of food, transportation and housing. One chapter analyses the decimation of the Cuban economy when the USSR stopped oil exports in 1990, and provides an inspiring vision for a low energy way of living. Plan C is an indispensable resource for anyone interested in living a lower-energy, saner, more sustainable lifestyle.
- Fossil Fuel Depletion and Climate Change
- Peak Oil -- Peak Economy
- Peak Oil -- Peak Empire
- Peak America -- Is Our Time Up?
- Peak Technology and the Private Car
- Peak Technology and Electric Power
- Corporations, Media and Disinformation
- Plan C -- Curtailment and Community
- Post-Peak -- Change Starts with Us
- The Energy Impact of Buildings
- The Smart Jitney -- Rapid, Realistic Transport
- Food, Feed, Fuel and CO2
- Food, Health and Survival
- Changing Practices
- Kicking the Media Habit
- Reviving and Renewing Community
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!