This volume is a new collection of original research and review papers presented during Kentucky Equine Research nutrition conferences. Conferences feature international authorities on nutrition, exercise physiology, and veterinary topics pertaining to the horse. These authorities have not only refined nutritional requirements of horses, but have also discovered ways to most effectively deliver nutrients necessary to fuel horses in all athletic endeavors, to achieve sound growth in young horses, and to ensure nutrient requirements are being fulfilled in reproductively active horses. Interspersed among scientific topics, practical feeding and management considerations are offered.
- Nutrient Requirements: Applying the Science
- Making Nutrient Composition Tables Relevant
- Forages: The Foundation for Equine Gastrointestinal Health
- Grazing Preferences of Horses for Different Cool-Season Grasses
- Carbohydrates in Forage: What is a Safe Grass?
- Assessing Energy Balance
- Beta-Carotene: An Essential Nutrient for Horses?
- Vitamin E: An Essential Nutrient for Horses?
- Equine Behavior: A Nutritional Link?
Nutrition and Management of the Performance Horse
- The Efficiency of Utilization of Digestible Energy During Submaximal Exercise
- Efficacy of an Herbal Feed Supplement in Reducing Exercise-Related Stress in Horses
- Update on Bone Disease: The Impact of Skeletal Disease on Athletic Performance
Nutrition and Management of the Broodmare
- The New NRC: Updated Requirements for Pregnancy and Growth
- Oral Water-Soluble Vitamin E Supplementation of the Mare in late Gestation, Its effects on Serum Vitamin E Levels in the Pre- and Postpartum Mare and the Neonate: A Preliminary Investigation
- Body Weight and Condition of Kentucky Thoroughbred Mares and Their Foals as Influenced by Month of Foaling, Season, and Gender
- The Effect of Dietary Calcium on Indicators of Bone Turnover in Broodmares
- Nutrition of the Dam Influences Growth and Development of the Foal
Nutrition and Management of the Growing Horse
- Nutrition of the Young Equine Athlete
- Development of the Equine Gastrointestinal Tract
- Skeletal Adaptation During Growth and Development: A Global Research Alliance
- Muscle Adaptation During Growth and Early Training
- The Balancing Act of Growing a Sound, Athletic Horse
- Body Weight, Wither Height and Growth Rates in Thoroughbreds Raised in America, England, Australia, New Zealand and India
- Size Matters at the Sale
- Thoroughbred Growth and Future Racing Performance
- Managing Growth to Produce a Sound, Athletic Horse
- Feeding the Atypical Horse
- Nutritional Management of Metabolic Disorders
- Pathology of Metabolic-Related Conditions
- Recent Research into Laminitis
- Colic Prevalence, Risk Factors and Prevention
- Colic Treatment and Post-Colic Nutrition
- Overview of Gastric and Colonic Ulcers
- Insulin Resistance—What Is It and How Do We Measure It?
- Exercise-Induced Pulmonary Hemorrhage
- Food Allergy in the Horse—A Dermatologist's View
- Beyond the X-Ray: The Latest Methods to Detect and Predict Skeletal Damage
- Managing the Sick Foal to Product a Sound Athlete
- Rational Approaches to Equine Parasite Control
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!