By: V Alistair Drake(Author), Don R Reynolds(Author)
497 pages, 8 plates with colour photos and colour illustrations; b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
Many of the world's most serious agricultural pests are highly migratory and through their use of special-purpose radars we are provided with insights into their movement and how they learn about and navigate through their environment. This text examines the behaviour and regional variations of these species, as well as the altitude of migration, concentration of insects in layers and how they respond to large-and-small-scale wind systems.
Radar Entomology relates radar observation of insect movement to complementary and competing methodologies and surveys its capabilities and limitations. It also deals with the applications of these findings in the management and forecasting of both pest and beneficial insects, and it is an essential reference for those working in agricultural entomology and pest management.
2. Remote Sensing and Insect Observation
3. Radar Principles
4. Insects as Radar Targets
5. Entomological Radar Designs
6. Observing Insects with Radar: I. Performance, Surveillance and Target Characterization
7. Observing Insects with Radar: II. Quantitative Estimation and Parameter Retrieval
8. Additional Radar, Radar-Like and Radio Technologies for Insect Observation
9. Insect Migration, its Quantification and the Role of the Atmosphere
10. Insect Migratory Flight I. Principal Features
11. Insect Migratory Flight II. Concentrations and Disturbances
12. Insect Migration, Population Movements and Pest Management
13. Migrations of Pest and Beneficial Insects
14. Insect Foraging Movements
15. Insect Echo on Meteorological Radars
16. Radar Entomology: Perspectives and Prospects
Appendix A: Performance Monitoring and Calibration
Appendix B: Regulatory and Safety Issues
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Prompt and trustful service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985