By: Ulrich Oberprieler(Author)
384 pages, 800+ colour photos, b/w illustrations, colour distribution maps
- All South African raptors are described, both diurnal and nocturnal species.
- A User-friendly system of 11 groups which are colour-coded and cross referenced.
- Comprehensive test that emphasises field recognition, behaviour, feeding methods, breeding and the origin of the name.
- Concise information indicating measurements, distribution, habitat preference, food & status.
- English, Afrikaans, French, German, Portuguese and scientific names.
- Distribution maps that indicate abundance and migratory patterns.
- Both old and new 'Roberts numbers' indicated.
- Over 800 excellent colour photographs to indicate males, females, juveniles, other colour variations and flight patterns.
- Sonograms to interpret the calls of owls.
- A comprehensive section on confusing birds.
- Illustrations of the raptors and their various colour forms, as well as illustrations of perched birds by Graeme Arnott and Laura Ferreira. The text has been updated according to the latest information. The distribution maps have been updated according the the latest data.
- The revised Raptor Guide of Southern Africa is not only unique in the region, but sets a new benchmark internationally.
This revised edition of The Raptor Guide of Southern Africa contains:
- Eighty-two additional pages.
- Over 600 new and additinoal photographs.
- Illustrations of both flight patterns and perched raptors.
- Additional text.
- Information reviewed by Peter Steyn.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Shopping at NHBS is always good. The range of books is wide, the service is excellent, the orders arrive swiftly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985