By: Burger Cillié(Author)
128 pages, 150 colour photos, distribution maps
Pocket Guide to Mammals of Southern Africa is a handy and compact guide to over a 100 mammal species. This edition has been updated and has an additional 16 new pages of mammals.
Each entry contains a detailed description with:
- Information on identification, subspecies, mass, shoulder height, vocalisation, age, habitat, habits, food, breeding, and male and female differences
- An illustration of typical tracks and their size
- Listed where appropriate are the most recent standards set for trophy hunters by Safari Club International and Rowland Ward
- A Southern African distribution and vegetation map
- An illustrated section on spoor and tracking
- Full-colour photographs
- Vegetation: Simplified Map of Southern Africa
- Habitat Keys
- Species Listings
- Dung Identification
- Spoor & Tracking
- Spoor Identification - Common mammals
- Spoor Identification - Predators
- Spoor Identification - Antelope
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985