By: Burger Cillié (Author)
128 pages, 150 colour photos, distribution maps
Pocket Guide to Mammals of Southern Africa is a handy and compact guide to over a 100 mammal species. This edition has been updated and has an additional 16 new pages of mammals.
Each entry contains a detailed description with:
- Information on identification, subspecies, mass, shoulder height, vocalisation, age, habitat, habits, food, breeding, and male and female differences
- An illustration of typical tracks and their size
- Listed where appropriate are the most recent standards set for trophy hunters by Safari Club International and Rowland Ward
- A Southern African distribution and vegetation map
- An illustrated section on spoor and tracking
- Full-colour photographs
- Vegetation: Simplified Map of Southern Africa
- Habitat Keys
- Species Listings
- Dung Identification
- Spoor & Tracking
- Spoor Identification - Common mammals
- Spoor Identification - Predators
- Spoor Identification - Antelope
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
They [the books] arrived in wonderful condition and it was a joy to see how well they were protected.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985