The Dawn Angiosperms discusses the controversial and conflicting hypotheses...
Series: Lecture Notes in Earth System Sciences Volume: 121
236 pages, 54 colour & b/w illustrations
This book reflects the newest progress in research on the origin of angiosperms. It emphasizes the early Cretaceous and Jurassic materials, rather than later ones, as they are the key periods for the origin of this group. The author integrates multiple techniques, including SEM, TEM, light microscopy, peeling and cladistics, to study the morphology, anatomy and phylogeny of the fossils.
2. Suggested angiosperm ancestors
3. Angiosperms: characters and criteria
4. Background for the plant fossils
5. Flowers from the Early Cretaceous
6. Flower-related fossils from the Jurassic
7. Trace of possible angiosperms in the Jurassic
8. Making of the flower
9. General conclusions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!