Global Change studies are increasingly being considered a vital source of information to understand the Earth Environment, in particular in the framework of human-induced climate change and land use transformation. Satellite Earth Observing systems provide a unique tool to monitor those changes. While the range of applications and innovative techniques is constantly increasing, Advances in Earth Observation of Global Change provides a summary of key case studies where satellite data offer critical information to understand the causes and effects of those environmental changes, minimizing their negative impacts.
1. The role of small satellite missions in global change studies; Rainer Sandau and Klaus Briess
2. Spatial pattern analysis of water-driven land cover change in Aridzone, Northwest of China; Qimig Zhou and Bo Sun
3. A spatial logistic regression model for simulating land use patterns: a case study of the Shiraz Metropolitan Area of Iran; Amin Tayyebi et al.
4. Abu Dhabi Island: analysis of development and vegetation change using remote sensing (1972-2000); Abdulhakim M. Abdi and Anand Nandipati
5. Remote sensing of coastal water quality in the Baltic Sea using MERIS; Andreas Neumann, Harald Krawczyk and Stefan Riha
6. Remote sensing for water quality monitoring in Apalachicola Bay, USA; Wenrui Huang, Shuisen Chen and Xiaojun Yang
7. Extracting cryospheric information over lowlands from L-band polarimetric SAR data; Nicolas Longepe et al.
8. Variability of Northern hemisphere spring snowmelt dates using the AVHRR polar pathfinder snow cover during 1982-2004; Hongxu Zhao and Richard Fernandes
9. MODIS snow monitoring over the Tibetan Plateau; Li Xu
10. The global geodetic observing system (GGOS): detecting the fingerprints of global change in geodetic quantities; Hans-Peter Plag et al.
11. Monitoring radial tectonic motions of continental borders around the Atlantic Ocean and regional sea level changes by space geodetic observations; Zhigen Yang and Fengchun Shu
12. GNSS activities for natural disaster monitoring and climate change detection at GFZ - an overview; Junping Chen et al.
13. Satellite imagery for landslide mapping in an earthquake-struck area; Xiaojun Yang
14. Relations between human factors and global fire activity; Emilio Chuvieco and Chris Justice
15. The use of remote sensing data and meteorological information for food security monitoring, examples in East Africa; Michel Massart et al.
16. Application of an early warning system for floods; Adriana Albanese et al.
17. L-band and C-band combined interferometric monitoring of the Wenchuan Earthquake; Kui Zhang et al.
18. Uncovering the space-time patterns of change with the use of change analyst - case study of Hong Kong; Bo Huang and Hua-Leung Sin
19. Change detection of sea ice distribution in SAR imagery using semi-variogram of intrinsic regionalization model; Yu Li and Jonathan Li
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!