This second edition of the book Sustainable Development of Mountain...
270 pages, 50 colour & b/w illustrations
The mountain regions in Southeastern Europe are unique natural regions of great beauty and ecological value, and home of the head waters of major rivers. They constitute a major ecological, economic, cultural, recreational and living environment in Europe, shared by numerous cultures and countries. The Southeastern European Mountain Regions are an important reservoir for biodiversity and habitats in Europe. A great number of protected areas – national parks, nature parks, reserves and nature monuments are located in these regions. From a socio-economic point of view the mountain regions are among the poorest areas in the Southeastern European countries, but they have potential for the implementation of successful economic activities. There are opportunities for development of these regions and, in particular, for trans-border integration and co-operation.
Sustainable Development in Mountain Regions brings together research results from experts from all Balkan countries working on the problems of the mountain regions in Southeastern Europe. The volume focuses on the challenges taking place along the rapid transformation in land use, biodiversity, tourism, nature risk and bio-productivity due to the global changes and particularly due to the local impacts of climate change.
The key questions for discussion are:
- Biodiversity, nature protection and conservation
- Natural disasters and risk management
- Social-economical development of the mountain regions
- Spatial planning in the development of the mountain regions
- Sustainable practices and politics for land use
- Transborder co-operation
- Scientific Research Basis for Sustainable Development of the Mountain Regions: main concepts and basic theories
- Solar Activity -- Climate Change and Nature Disasters in Mountain Regions
- Mass Movement Processes Under Chancing Climate and Socioeconomic Conditions
- Mountains and Mountain Regions in Bulgaria
- The Nature Potential of Mountains in Bulgaria and its Sustainable Use
- Morphometry and Land Use on the Mountains in Republic of Macedonia
- Usage of Mountain Areas in the Republic of Macedonia
- Landscape Structure and Ecosystem Services of Etropole Municipality
- Evaluation of the Avalanche Danger in Northwest Rila Mountain
- Management of Snow Avalanche Risk in the Ski Areas of the Southern Carpathians-Romanian Carpathians. Case Study: the Balea (FAEgAEraAu Massif) and Sinaia (Bucegi Mountains) Ski Areas
- BEO MOUSSALA -- ETH New Facility for Complex Environment Studies
- Researches of field evidence for Late Quaternary climate changes in the highest mountains of Bulgaria
- Demographic Potential and Problems of the Settlements Network in the Mountains of Bulgaria
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!