By: Randall H Hepburn(Editor), Sarah E Radloff(Editor)
669 pages, colour & b/w illustrations, tables
A multi-authored work on the basic biology of Asian honeybees, written by expert specialists in the field, Honeybees of Asia highlights phylogeny, classification, mitochondrial and nuclear DNA, biogeography, genetics, physiology, pheromones, nesting, self-assembly processes, swarming, migration and absconding, reproduction, ecology, foraging and flight, dance languages, pollination, diseases/pests, colony defensiveness and natural enemies, honeybee mites, and interspecific interactions.
Honeybees of Asia covers a widely dispersed literature published in European as well as Asian-language journals and books.
1. The Asian Species of Apis: Sarah E. Radloff, H. R. Hepburn and Michael S. Engel
2. Phylogeny of the Genus Apis: Nikolaus Koeniger, Gudrun Koeniger and Deborah Smith
3. Biogeography: H. R. Hepburn and Sarah E. Radloff
4. Asian Honeybees and Mitochondrial DNA: Deborah R. Smith
5. Genetic Considerations: Catherine L. Sole and Christian W.W. Pirk
6. Biology of Nesting: Mananya Phiancharoen, Orawan Duangphakdee and H. R. Hepburn
7. Absconding, Migration and Swarming: H. R. Hepburn
8. Comparative Reproductive Biology of Honeybees: Gudrun Koeniger, Nikolaus Koeniger and Mananya Phiancharoen
9. Pheromones: Christian W.W. Pirk, Catherine L. Sole and R.M. Crewe
10. Honeybees in Natural Ecosystems: Richard T. Corlett
11 The Pollination Role of Honeybees: Uma Partap
12. Foraging: D. P. Abrol
13. Energetic Aspects of Flight: H. R. Hepburn, Christian W.W. Pirk and Sarah E. Radloff
14. The dance language: Orawan Duangphakdee, H. R. Hepburn and Jurgen Tautz
15. Diseases of Asian Honeybees: Ingemar Fries
16. Asian Honeybee Mites: Natapot Warrit and Chariya Lekprayoon 17. Colony Defence and Natural Enemies: Stefan Fuchs and Jurgen Tautz
18. Self-assembly Processes in Honeybees: the Phenomenon of Shimmering: Gerald Kastberger, Frank Weihmann and Thomas Hoetzl
19. Interspecific Interactions among Asian Honeybees: Ming-Xian Yang, Ken Tan, Sarah E. Radloff and HR Hepburn
20. Bibliography of the Asian Species of Honeybees: H. R. Hepburn and Colleen Hepburn
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Many thanks, your customer service is certainly something to be proud of.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985