Blueberry cultivation has increased dramatically as production has shifted into new regions. Blueberries are now widely available as food and also processed to be used in medicine and pharmaceuticals for their antioxidant properties. This new and practical book covers the major topics of interest to blueberry breeders and researchers including botany, physiology, nutrition, growth regulation, photosynthesis, environment, weeds, pests, diseases and postharvest management. The main focus is on the most important cultivated species, the highbush blueberry, although information on other blueberries and related species is also provided. It is an essential resource for soft fruit researchers, extension workers, academics, breeders, growers, and students.
1. The blueberry industry
2. Blueberry Taxonomy and Breeding
3. Growth and development
4. Light, photosynthesis, quality and yield in blueberries
6. Blueberry field management and harvesting
7. Growth Regulators
8. Blueberry pests, their management and cultivar resistance
9. Pre- and post-harvest management of fruit quality
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!