Water scarcity and the need for ecological sustainability have led to the introduction of treated waste water as an additional water resource in the national water resource management plans of Mediterranean countries. Summarizing the results generated within the European Union-funded project INNOVA-MED, this volume highlights the following topics: Application of innovative technologies and practices for waste water treatment and reuse adapted to the Mediterranean region; constraints on the application of advanced treatments and reuse of reclaimed water and sludge; and, problems and requirements of sustainable water management in the Mediterranean area. The book includes several examples of Mediterranean countries, such as Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Palestine and Spain, and presents their practical experiences in the application of innovative processes and practices for waste water treatment and reuse.
- Technologies for advanced wastewater treatment in the Mediterranean Region
- Innovative Wastewater Treatments And Reuse Technologies Adapted To Southern Mediterranean Countries
- Overview of new practices in the re-use of reclaimed water
- Treatment and re-use of sludge
- Constraints of application of advance treatments and re-use of reclaimed water and sludge
- Risk Assessment and Life Cycle Analysis in Water Industry
- Integrated management of wastewaters in the Mediterranean area
- Reuse of wastewater in Mediterranean region, Egyptian experience
- Evaluation of four decades of treated wastewater reuse in Tunisia
- Wastewater Management Overview in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Wastewater reuse in Spain. Case study of tertiary treatment at water works Sant Joan Despi (Barcelona, Catalonia)
- Problems and needs of sustainable water management in the Mediterranean area
- Conclusions and recommendations
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!