This book begins with a historical introduction to the traditional medicinal uses of Phyllanthus, followed by all aspects on the scientific evaluation of the species for modern medicinal use. The editors have compiled cutting-edge research from countries around the world, including Austria, Egypt, Hong Kong, South Africa, and Thailand. Topics covered include phylogenetic analysis of Phyllanthus, chemistry of the genus, anti-cancer effects of Phyllanthus amarus, geotoxicity, chemoprotective effect of phyllanthus, veterinary medicine, methods for storage and shelf life, and anti-diabetic effect of Phyllanthus.
- Taxonomy of the Genus Phyllanthus
- Identification Manual for Some Species of the Genus Phyllanthus L. of Phyllanthaceae with Special Reference to the Indian Subcontinent
- Current Pharmacopoeial Status of Phyllanthus Species: P. emblica, P. amarus, and P. fraternus
- Cultivation, Economics, and Marketing of Phyllanthus Species
- Phylogenetic Analysis of Phyllanthus Species
- Genetic Resources of Phyllanthus in Southern India: Identification of Geographic and Genetic Hot Spots and Its Implication for Conservation
- Phytochemistry of the Genus Phyllanthus
- Hyphenated Techniques in the Study of the Genus Phyllanthus
- Anti-inflammatory Activity of Various Species of Phyllanthus
- Hepatoprotective Effects of Plants in the Family Phyllanthaceae
- Anticancer Studies of Phyllanthus amarus
- Anticancer Activity of Phyllanthus emblica
- The In Vivo and In Vitro Proapoptotic and Antiangiogenic Effects of Phyllanthus urinaria
- Phyllanthus and Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV Infections
- Antiviral Activities of Phyllanthus orbicularis, an Endemic Cuban Species
- Diabetes and Diabetic Complications and Phyllanthus species
- Chemoprotective, Genotoxic, and Antigenotoxic Effects of Phyllanthus Sp.
- Antiaging Effects of Phyllanthus Species
- Toxicity Studies of Phyllanthus Species
- Clinical Trials Involving Phyllanthus Species
- Immunomodulatory Activity of Brahma Rasayana, an Herbal Preparation Containing Phyllanthus emblica as the Main Ingredient
- Triphala: An Ayurvedic Drug Formulation.
- Kalpaamruthaa: A Successful Drug against Various Ailments
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Ramadasan Kuttan, Ph.D., has worked at the Amala Cancer Research Center, Thrissur, Kerala, India since 1984 and presently is the Research Director of the Center. He earned his doctoral degree from the University of Madras in 1973, receiving a Gold Medal for the outstanding thesis of the year. From 1973 to 1984, he conducted research in the United States, including stints at Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, New Jersey, and M. D. Anderson Hospital and Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. His major areas of research include cancer drugs from plant sources and chemoprevention, chemoprotection, radioprotection, immunomodulation, and the like. He has done extensive work on the use of Phyllanthus amarus in cancer using animal models and cell culture.
K. B. Harikumar, Ph.D., received his bachelor's and master's degrees in biochemistry from Nagpur University in India. His doctoral research on cancer chemoprevention by natural products was conducted under the direction of Dr. Ramadasan Kuttan at Amala Cancer Research Center, affiliated with Mahatma Gandhi University at Kottayam in India. Presently, he is a postdoctoral associate in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia. He has over 40 peer-reviewed publications and several book chapters to his credit. His major research focuses are cancer chemoprevention, ubiquitination and nuclear factor kappa B signaling, and the role of bioactive lipids in cell signaling.