386 pages, 121 colour photos, 1100+ colour illustrations, 452 colour dist maps
This superb book, with its unique focus on the entire marine coastal environment, is the most comprehensive and up-to-date field guide available on the southeastern Atlantic Coast and the Gulf Coast. Not just for beachgoers, the book is essential for birders, whale watchers, fishers, boaters, scuba divers and snorkelers, and shoreline visitors.
Features of the guide:
- Entries on 619 coastal and ocean species
- More than 1,100 color illustrations
- 450 up-to-date range maps
- Overviews of key ecological communities, including mangroves, salt marshes, beaches, sand dunes, and coral reefs
- Special attention to threatened and endangered species
- Discussions of environmental issues, including such catastrophic events as Hurricane Katrina and the Deepwater Horizon blowout
- Excellent organizational aids for locating information quickly
No matter which side of the waves you labor or play this is the perfect guide to the wonders that surround you.
- Pete Dunne, author of "Pete Dunne's Essential Field Guide Companion: A Comprehensive Resource for Identifying North American Birds"
"Unique and amazing[...]Important as a conservation education tool because it allows more citizens to appreciate their natural ecosystems."
- Margaret Lowman, Director, Nature Research Center, North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
"I recommend this book for anyone who spends time on the southeast coast. Whether your interest is beach-combing, fishing, snorkeling, birdwatching, or just strolling, this excellent book will help you identify and understand virtually every living thing you encounter."
- David Sibley
"Uniquely comprehensive guide to the fauna and flora of this American region. Lavishly illustrated."
- Booksellers Buyers Guide
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!