Sustainable agriculture is a rapidly growing field aiming at producing food and energy in a sustainable way for our children. This discipline addresses current issues such as climate change, increasing food and fuel prices, starvation, obesity, water pollution, soil erosion, fertility loss, pest control and biodiversity depletion. Novel solutions are proposed based on integrated knowledge from agronomy, soil science, molecular biology, chemistry, toxicology, ecology, economy, philosophy and social sciences. As actual society issues are now intertwined, sustainable agriculture will bring solutions to build a safer world.
This book series analyzes current agricultural issues and proposes alternative solutions, consequently helping all scientists, decision-makers, professors, farmers and politicians wishing to build safe agriculture, energy and food systems for future generations.
1. Agroecology, A Tool for the Realization of the Right to Food, Dr. Olivier de Schutter
2. Agroecology and the food system, Dr. Alexander Wezel
3. Development of a Sustainably-Competitive Agriculture, Dr. Gordon Purvis
4. Emissions of ammonia, nitrous oxide and methane during the management of solid manures, Dr. Jim Webb
5. Communication in the rhizosphere, a target for pest management, Dr. Juan Antonio L#pez R#ez
6. A novel land-energy use indicator for energy crops, Dr. Vito Sardo
7. Conventional, organic and conservation agriculture: production and environmental impact, Dr. Jens B. Aune
8. Improving water use efficiency for sustainable agriculture, Dr. Amir Raza
9. Genetic mechanisms of drought stress tolerance, implications of transgenic crops for agriculture, Dr. Sudesh Kumar Yadav
10. Plant Parasitic Nematode Diversity in Pome, Stone and Nut Fruits, Dr. Tarique Hassan Askary
11. Fly ash for agriculture. Implications for soil properties, nutrients, heavy metals, plant growth and pest control, Dr. Amit K. Gupta
12. History and techniques of organic farming, Dr. Kambaska Kumar Behera
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!