280 pages, 16 colour & 18 b/w illustrations
This book provides a comprehensive overview of time series characteristics in hydrology, describes methodology for applying 31 available statistical tests for determining the time series characteristics, explores the building of stochastic models (AR, MA, ARMA) for time series, demonstrates the application of most of the time series tests through a case study in India (authors' own work) as well as evaluates comparative performance of the time series tests (authors' own work), together with some invited case studies from other researchers. Finally, it discusses future research and development needs in the area of time series analysis for water resources development and management.
This book will be useful to the undergraduate and postgraduate students, and researchers of civil, environmental, agricultural, and ecological engineering fields as well as to the practicing hydrologists and hydrogeologists, particularly those in developing nations.
Part I: Tools/Techniques for Time Series Analysis
2. Statistical Properties of Hydrologic Time Series
3. Methods for Checking Normality of Time Series
4. Tests for characterizing Time Series
5. Stochastic Modeling of Time Series
6. Current Status of Time Series Analysis in Hydrological Sciences
Part II: Salient Case Studies
7. Comparative Evaluation of Time Series Tests
8. Exploring Trends and Homogeneity in Rainfall and Groundwater-Level Time Series
9. Detection of Trend Pattern in Streamflow Time Series in the Susquehanna River Basin, USA
10. Application of Non-Parametric Methods for Trend Detection in Climatic Variables of Orissa
11. Rainfall Series Analysis in Nigeria: 1901-2002
12. Analysis of Temporal Trends in Time Series of Hydrological Variables
13. Future Research Directions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!