1120 pages, illustrations
The most comprehensive General, Organic, and Biochemistry book available, this tenth edition continues its tradition of a solid development of problem-solving skills, numerous examples and practice problems, along with coverage of current applications. Written by an experienced author team, they skillfully anticipate areas of difficulty and pace the book accordingly. Readers will find the right mix of general chemistry compared to the discussions on organic and biochemistry.
"Introduction to General, Organic, and Biochemistry", 10th edition has clear, logical explanations of chemical concepts and great depth of coverage as well as a clear, consistent writing style which provides great readability. An emphasis on real-world aspects of chemistry makes the reader comfortable in seeing how the chemistry will apply to their career.
New to this edition:
- Previous Chapter 3 content (physical states, classification of matter) has been moved to Chapter 1 to provide stronger emphasis on matter.
- New section added to Chapter 3 to provide a clear framework for problem solving.
- New Problem Solving Strategy boxes to highlight how to think about working chemistry problems.
- New Rules boxes added to emphasize the procedures used in chemistry nomenclature and mathematics.
- Examples have been rewritten using the new overall approach to problem solving and incorporate the use of Problem Solving Strategy boxes.
- Chapters 1-4 restructured for smoother start.
- 15-20% new end-of-chapter problems.
- Updated molecular art and glassware.
- More macro-molecular art, where appropriate.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!