1120 pages, illustrations
The most comprehensive General, Organic, and Biochemistry book available, this tenth edition continues its tradition of a solid development of problem-solving skills, numerous examples and practice problems, along with coverage of current applications. Written by an experienced author team, they skillfully anticipate areas of difficulty and pace the book accordingly. Readers will find the right mix of general chemistry compared to the discussions on organic and biochemistry.
"Introduction to General, Organic, and Biochemistry", 10th edition has clear, logical explanations of chemical concepts and great depth of coverage as well as a clear, consistent writing style which provides great readability. An emphasis on real-world aspects of chemistry makes the reader comfortable in seeing how the chemistry will apply to their career.
New to this edition:
- Previous Chapter 3 content (physical states, classification of matter) has been moved to Chapter 1 to provide stronger emphasis on matter.
- New section added to Chapter 3 to provide a clear framework for problem solving.
- New Problem Solving Strategy boxes to highlight how to think about working chemistry problems.
- New Rules boxes added to emphasize the procedures used in chemistry nomenclature and mathematics.
- Examples have been rewritten using the new overall approach to problem solving and incorporate the use of Problem Solving Strategy boxes.
- Chapters 1-4 restructured for smoother start.
- 15-20% new end-of-chapter problems.
- Updated molecular art and glassware.
- More macro-molecular art, where appropriate.
1. An Introduction to Chemistry
2. Standards for Measurement
3. Elements and Compounds
4. Properties of Matter
5. Early Atomic Theory and Structure
6. Nomenclature of Inorganic Compounds
7. Quantitative Composition of Compounds
8. Chemical Equations
9. Calculations from Chemical Equations
10. Modern Atomic Theory and the Periodic table
11. Chemical Bonds: The Formation of Compounds from Atoms
12. The Gaseous State of Matter
13. Properties of Liquids
15. Acids, Bases, and Salts
16. Chemical Equilibrium
18. Nuclear Chemistry
19. Organic Chemistry: Saturated Hydrocarbons
20. Unsaturated Hydrocarbons
21. Polymers: Macromolecules
22. Alcohols, Ethers, Phenols, and Thiols
23. Aldehydes and Ketones
24. Carboxylic Acids and Esters
25. Amides and Amines: Organic Nitrogen Compounds
29. Amino Acids, Polypeptides, and Proteins
31. Nucleic Acids and Heredity
34. Carbohydrate Metabolism
35. Metabolism of Lipids and Proteins
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!