234 pages, b/w illustrations, tables
The rapid increase of the power of personal computers has led to the use of serious simulation programs such as easy POP in genetic studies. This book summarizes recent advances in forward-time simulation methods and demonstrates their applications in population genetics and genetic epidemiology. The authors introduce commonly used forward-time population genetics simulation methods, including some new methods, and introduce a forward-time population genetics simulation environment, simuPOP, as a powerful and flexible tool to implement these simulations. Researchers and students in population and statistical genetics will find this book useful.
List of examples xxiii
1. Basic concepts and models 1
2. Simulation of population genetics models 25
3. Ascertainment bias in population genetics 47
4. Observing properties of evolving populations 63
5. Simulating populations with complex human diseases 89
6. Nonrandom mating and its applications 125
Appendix: Forward-time simulations using stimulPOP 157
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!