237 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
Social marketing takes key marketing principles and applies them to campaigns and efforts to influence social action. In Social Marketing to Protect the Environment, the focus turns to the environment, and how social marketing can be successful to change environmental behaviour.
The text begins with a definition of the Social Marketing Model and includes a discussion of various tools that can be used to develop social marketing strategies. It then moves into sections on Residential-Related Behaviours and Commercial-Related Behaviours. These sections follow a consistent format and:
- Describe a variety of environmental issues
- Give examples of the numerous changes in behaviours and/or practices that would contribute to reducing the problem
- Provide mini-cases that illustrate the successful use of social marketing principles along with tools to influence this behaviour in similar situations
- Review what worked and what could have been improved.
A final section provides future directions and recommendations.
"Short and to the point. Has good step-by-step process to strategy development."
- Bonnie McEwan, Milano School of Management & Policy, New School University
Section I: Introduction
Chapter 1: Introduction: Fostering Sustainable Behavior
Section II: Influencing Behaviors in the Residential Sector
Chapter 2: Reducing Waste
Chapter 3: Protecting Water Quality
Chapter 4: Reducing Emissions
Chapter 5: Reducing Water Use
Chapter 6: Reducing Energy Use
Chapter 7: Protecting Fish and Wildlife Habitats
Section III: Influencing Behaviors in the Commerical Sector
Chapter 8: Reducing Waste
Chapter 9: Protecting Water Quality
Chapter 10: Reducing Emissions
Chapter 11: Reducing Water Use
Chapter 12: Reducing Energy Use
Chapter 13: Concluding Thoughts and Recommendations
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!