By: Imrus Juhász(Editor), Gyorgy Halász(Editor)
174 pages, colour & b/w illustrations, tables
Carbon capture and sequestration (or storage) – known as CCS – is attracting interest as a measure for mitigating global climate change, because potentially large amounts of carbon dioxide (CO2) emitted from fossil fuel use in the United States could be captured and stored underground. Electricity-generating plants are the most likely initial candidates for CCS because they are predominantly large, single-point sources, and they contribute approximately one-third of U.S. CO2 emissions from fossil fuels.
Approaches for capturing CO2 are available that can potentially remove 80 per cent to 95 per cent of CO2 emitted from a power plant or large industrial source. Three main types of geological formations are likely candidates for storing large amounts of CO2: oil and gas reservoirs, deep saline reservoirs, and unmineable coal seams. The deep ocean also has a huge potential to store carbon. Carbon Capture and Greenhouse Gases highlights the concerns about climate change that have focused the attention of policy-makers on ways to capture and store carbon dioxide emissions from fossil-fuelled electricity generators. Carbon Capture and Greenhouse Gases consists of public documents which have been located, gathered, combined, reformatted, and enhanced with a subject index, selectively edited and bound to provide easy access.
- Carbon Capture & Sequestration (CCS)
- Carbon Capture & Storage: Technological & Regulatory Considerations
- Underground Carbon Dioxide Storage: Frequently Asked Questions
- The Potential for Carbon Sequestration in the United States
- Regulation of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Sequestration Pipelines: Jurisdictional Issues
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Pipelines for Carbon Sequestration: Emerging Policy Issues
- Pipelines for Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Control: Network Needs & Cost Uncertainties
- Greenhouse Gas Emission Drivers: Population, Economic Development & Growth, & Energy Use
- Energy Savings Act of 2007 (S. 1321): Summary of Major Provisions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is my favorite supplier (very professional and fast). Bravo!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985