174 pages, colour & b/w illustrations, tables
Carbon capture and sequestration (or storage) – known as CCS – is attracting interest as a measure for mitigating global climate change, because potentially large amounts of carbon dioxide (CO2) emitted from fossil fuel use in the United States could be captured and stored underground. Electricity-generating plants are the most likely initial candidates for CCS because they are predominantly large, single-point sources, and they contribute approximately one-third of U.S. CO2 emissions from fossil fuels.
Approaches for capturing CO2 are available that can potentially remove 80 per cent to 95 per cent of CO2 emitted from a power plant or large industrial source. Three main types of geological formations are likely candidates for storing large amounts of CO2: oil and gas reservoirs, deep saline reservoirs, and unmineable coal seams. The deep ocean also has a huge potential to store carbon. Carbon Capture and Greenhouse Gases highlights the concerns about climate change that have focused the attention of policy-makers on ways to capture and store carbon dioxide emissions from fossil-fuelled electricity generators. Carbon Capture and Greenhouse Gases consists of public documents which have been located, gathered, combined, reformatted, and enhanced with a subject index, selectively edited and bound to provide easy access.
- Carbon Capture & Sequestration (CCS)
- Carbon Capture & Storage: Technological & Regulatory Considerations
- Underground Carbon Dioxide Storage: Frequently Asked Questions
- The Potential for Carbon Sequestration in the United States
- Regulation of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Sequestration Pipelines: Jurisdictional Issues
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Pipelines for Carbon Sequestration: Emerging Policy Issues
- Pipelines for Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Control: Network Needs & Cost Uncertainties
- Greenhouse Gas Emission Drivers: Population, Economic Development & Growth, & Energy Use
- Energy Savings Act of 2007 (S. 1321): Summary of Major Provisions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!