Sherman traps are an environmentally friendly way to research small mammal populations and can be used for mammal collection, teaching and environmental impact studies. Sherman folding traps have the advantage of folding down to a size and shape which is easy to transport. The trap works by use of a trigger platform which causes the door to shut when the animal runs into the trap.
This is a ‘live catch’ trap and so it should be checked regularly. Where appropriate traps should be provided with water and food.
The Small Folding Aluminium Trap is suitable for trapping small animals such as mice and shrews. The Sherman Trap is available in a range of sizes to suit your specific needs.
Please note: Trapping some animals (such as shrews) requires a licence.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please see the videos below:
1) How do the folding traps work/how do I open and close the trap?
2) How do I set and bait a trap?
3) How does harmless capture work?
* Model: SFA (Small Folding Aluminium)
* Construction: Aluminium with stainless steel springs and wires
* Dimensions: 5.2 x 6.4 x 16.5 cm (approx. 1.3 cm thick when folded)
* Weight: 136 g
For catching medium sized animals such as rats, try the Large Folding Aluminium Trap
The galvanised version of the Small Folding Trap has a longer life span and will not rust
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!