Sherman traps are an environmentally friendly way to research small mammal populations and can be used for mammal collection, teaching and environmental impact studies. The trap works by use of a trigger platform which causes the door to shut when the animal runs into the trap. Sherman folding traps have the advantage of folding down to a size and shape which is easy to transport.
This is a ‘live catch’ trap and so it should be checked regularly. Where appropriate traps should be provided with water and food.
The Large Folding Trap is suitable for trapping small to medium animals such as rats.
Please note: Trapping some animals (such as shrews) requires a licence.
For answers to frequently asked questions please see the videos below:
1) How do the folding traps work/how do I open and close the trap?
2) How do I set and bait the trap?
3) How does harmless capture work?
* Model: LFA (Large Folding Aluminium)
* Construction: Aluminium with stainless steel springs and wires
* Dimensions: 7.6 x 8.9 x 22.9cm (approx. 1.3cm thick when folded)
* Weight: 227g
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985