1696 pages, illustrations
Like having a trusted clinician with you in the exam room, the fully updated Sixth Edition of Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline continues to offer fast access to information in an easy-to-use format.
- Provides fast access to key information on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions in dogs and cats
- Covers 846 specific disorders, making it the most comprehensive quick-reference book on canine and feline medicine
- Carefully designed for fast searching and reference in the busy practice setting, giving you the confidence to make clinical decisions quickly and appropriately
- Presents contributions from 379 leading experts specializing in all areas of veterinary medicine
- Includes access to a companion website with 354 client education handouts for you to download and use in practice, plus images and video clips
"Critique: A standard and very highly recommended textbook for veterinary school and academic library veterinary studies curriculums and reference collections, Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline will prove to be an essential, enduringly popular, thoroughly 'user friendly' in content, organization, and presentation, and an immanently practical reference for veterinarians and veterinary clinics."
– Midwest Book Review, 1 December 2015
"The book has a companion website, which can be accessed by a password provided at the time of purchase. The best feature of the website is the 354 client education handouts. These handouts are fairly extensive and are generally 3 to 4 pages long. They can be altered prior to printing, which is helpful because not all information provided may be relevant to a particular patient."
– Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 June 2016
Reviews of previous editions:
This is an excellent, thorough yet concise, reader-friendly book. It lends itself to rapid information retrieval, which is important to busy practitioners. This edition is better organized, has more information (more topics), and offers the most up-to-date material available. It should be on every general practitioner's shelf.
– Doody's, 2 March 2012
"This book provides relatively new graduates with a useful guide and reference, and more senior colleagues with a refresher and some readily available nuggets of information that could be difficult to find through a literature search ... Whilst this book is written in the USA, it is a useful addition to the bookshelves of UK practices."
– Veterinary Practice, 1 February 2012
"In summary, I feel this is a well-designed and thought-out book, with many distinguished contributors. It would be beneficial to any practice to have a copy on the shelf."
– Veterinary Record, 17 December 2011
"The text is an important addition to the busy practice. This is one of those books that will stay out on the counter throughout the day. The topics are arranged alphabetically and the table of contents is clean and easy-to-use. If you are ambivalent about updating, It's definitely safe to do so with this book."
– Vin Book Reviews, 1 December 2011
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Larry P. Tilley, DVM, DiplACVIM (Small Animal Internal Medicine) is President of VetMed Consultants in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
Francis W. K. Smith, Jr., DVM, DiplACVIM (Small Animal Internal Medicine & Cardiology) is Vice President of VetMed Consultants in Lexington, Massachusetts, USA; and Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University in North Grafton, Massachusetts, USA.