By: Kalyani Paranjape(Author), Vasant Gowariker(Author), VN Krishnamurthy(Author), Sudha Gowariker(Author)
703 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
In today's world, food security is an important issue. Food shortages push prices up, impacting upon the health and well-being of hundreds of millions of rural poor across the globe. One way to increase food security is to decrease the amount of yield lost to pests. The Pesticide Encyclopedia provides a comprehensive overview of the fight against pests, covering chemical pesticides, biocontrol agents and biopesticides. It also covers interrelated topics such as pesticide toxicity, legislation and regulation, handling, storage and safety aspects, IPM techniques, resistance management, interaction of pesticides with soil and the environment.
An important reference for policy makers, advisers and students and researchers of crop science, The Pesticide Encyclopedia also includes useful notes on commonly known plant diseases and pests.
"The information compiled is prodigious, the organization logical, and the multidisciplinary, multinational, multiagency, and multiple-industry scope provides reasonably comprehensive coverage. This technical desk reference focused primarily on the Indian subcontinent will mainly aid professional chemists and agronomists, as well as advanced researchers in related fields, by addressing specific questions or quests for further information. Summing Up: Recommended. Advanced students through faculty/researchers; professionals."
– CHOICE Reviews
1. Chemical Pesticides
3. Biocontrol Agents
5. Toxicity Related Concepts
6. Growth Regulators
7. Classification of Pesticides (Insecticides, Herbicides, Fungicides, Molluscicides, Nematicides, Termicides, Slimicides and Rodenticides)
8. Modes of Action in Insecticides, Fungicides, Herbicides and Rodenticides
9. International Legislative Provisions
10. Regulatory Agencies
11. Pesticide Storage Management
12. Safety Measures during Pesticide Handling
13. Common Crop Pests
14. Common Crop Diseases
15. Common Crops
16. Environmental Exposure and Contamination Issues
17. Terms and Concepts Related to Pests and Pest Control Agents (Insects, Nematodes, Rodents, Enzymes, Residue Management)
18. Pesticide Formulations
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Vastly superior to the Amazon offering. Recommended unreservedly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985