Birding Sweden, Take 2 has been put together from material collected during several trips to Sweden, where the author visited various regions during different seasons. The birding adventures continue in the uplands beyond Flatruet Plateau, where Slavonian grebes and a great snipe lek are covered. After this the author treks into dotterel country before returning to the Svartadalen region of Central Sweden. The next visit, a little later in mid-summer, takes the viewer to Ammarnas and the wildlife of Vindelfjallen Nature Reserve of Central Lapland. This visit coincides with the best lemming year in several decades resulting in a productive breeding season for long-eared and short-eared owls, tengmalm's, hawk owls and long-tailed skuas. Bluethroats, Lapland buntings, old squaws, and velvet and common scoters are other species which feature prominently in the account. A visit to a Sami (nomadic reindeer herders) summer camp is one of the highlights of this trip.
After this, attention shifts back to Central Sweden in the Autumn, this time to witness the pre-migrational assemblies of geese, waterfowl, and cranes. This part features barnacle geese, a flock of 68 of the globally-endangered lesser white-fronted geese, the gathering flocks of bean geese, and the sights and sounds of up to 16,000 cranes before their onwards migration into Extremadura.
Watch a trailer below:
1. Introduction (3:41)
2. Slavonian Grebes on the Village Pond (5:38)
3. Expedition Great Snipe (7:29)
4. Dotterel Country (7:24)
5. The Great Grey - The Owl amongst Owls (6:55)
6. Mid-Summer Ammarnas Lapland (14:35)
7. TengmaIm’s Owlets (5:06)
8. The Hawk Owl Family (2:41)
9. Short-eared Owls (5:12)
10. Skuas of the Uplands (14:19)
11. Sami Summer Camp - Geunja (6:39)
12. Autumn - Barnacles Hjälstaviken (5:33)
13. Lesser White-fronted Geese (6:12)
14. Autumnal Highlights (4:55)
15. Bean Geese - Kvismaren (4:31)
16. Season of Mists & ..... migrating Bluethroats (2:50)
17. Autumnal Crane Spectacular / Credits (6:04)
18. Spring into Summer-time - Svartådalen (10:24)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!