Language: Bilingual in English and Chinese
The last volume of this four-volume series. Each volume gives a detailed photographic record of the life history of Hong Kong Butterflies, their geographical distribution, and photographic records of known hosts.
Highlights from volume 4:
- Taractrocera Butler, 1870 maevius (Fabricius, 1793) – This extraordinary butterfly is only found on Ninepins Group Islands off Sai Kung. It is not recorded in the Mainland China and is far from its distribution range between India and Burma.
- Pelopidas Walker, 1870 subochraceus (Moore, 1878) barneyi Evans, 1937 – a magnificent butterfly with conspicuous sex dimorphism in its early larval stage. It is a sun lover and is only found on barren hillsides in the New Territories.
- Miletus Hübner, 1819 chinensis (C. Felder) chinensis C. Felder, 1862 – a predator on aphids.
- Ancema Eliot, 1973 ctesia (Hewitson, 1865) agalla (Fruhstorfer, 1912) – a beautiful hair streak and is difficult to see in the wild. However, it seems to be common on several secluded areas in Hong Kong.
- Neope Moore, 1866 muirheadii (C. & R. Felder) muirheadii (C. & R. Felder, 1862) – a large Satyrid and lives gregariously when young.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!