By: Lynn Margulis (Editor), Heather I McKhann (Editor), Lorraine Olendzenski (Editor)
288 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations
Indispensable for all investigators, instructors, and students who deal with eukaryotic microorganisms, this comprehensive guide contains the latest information available on the protists and their descendants (exclusive of the animals. fungi. and plants). It represents an abbreviated version of Handbook of Protoctista. Newly illustrated. this essential reference will be an especially useful tool for biochemisis, hotanists. ecologists. cell and molecular biologists, medical researchers, microbiologists, mycologists, paleontologists, parasitologists, phycologists, protistologists, and zoologists.
· Photographs of leading contributors to protoctist research
- An affordable, authoritative guide to the amoebas, seaweeds and the other algae, water molds, slime molds, trypanosomes, microsporidians, and all the other protoctists
- Extensively illustrated with drawings, light and electron micrographs
- Tabulated information on sources of live material, modes of nutrition, classification, comparative morphology, life history, sexuality and occurrence in the fossil record
· Techniques in molecular phylogeny and protoctist database construction
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985