Forests are an important source of forest-based biomass for the production of fossil fuels; forestry is vital to human development, which brings with it environmental and sustainability challenges. The Forestry Department of the FAO – Food and Agriculture Organisation – has a clear strategy to recognise the importance of the forestry industry and its role in promoting and achieving sustainable forestry practises. The forest sector and industry have the potential to open up pathways to implement low-carbon investments in partnerships with other sectors, and to steer towards a more responsible economy. This book provides a strategic outlook for the future of forest industries, covering: mitigation of climate change, forest-based carbon trade, carbon-constrained economy, forest industries and bio-energy and innovation pathways.
2. Economic Driving Forces
3. Societal and Social Driving Forces
4. Environmental Driving Forces
5. Impacts of the Driving Forces on the Sustainability of Forest Industry
6. Resource Availability
7. Competitiveness of Industries in the Rapidly Industrialising Countries
8. Initiatives to Strengthen the Sustainability of Forest Industry
9. Reporting on Performance
10. Final Assessment
Annex 1: Biorefinery technologies based on thermal production of syngas
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!