196 pages, 7 plates with 1 colour photo and colour illustrations; b/w illustrations, tables
Molecular Markers in Plants surveys an array of technologies used in the molecular analysis of plants. The role molecular markers play in plant improvement has grown significantly as DNA sequencing and high-throughput technologies have matured. This timely review of technologies and techniques will provide readers with a useful resource on the latest molecular technologies. Molecular Markers in Plants not only reviews past achievements, but also catalogs recent advances and looks forward towards the future application of molecular technologies in plant improvement.
Opening chapters look at the development of molecular technologies. Subsequent chapters look at a wide range of applications for the use of these advances in fields as diverse as plant breeding, production, biosecurity, and conservation. The final chapters look forward toward future developments in the field. Looking broadly at the field of molecular technologies, Molecular Markers in Plants will be an essential addition to the library of every researcher, institution, and company working in the field of plant improvement.
1. Evolution of marker technology in plants
Robert J Henry
2. Whole genome sequencing for marker discovery
3. Amplicon sequencing for marker discovery
Timothy Sexton and Frances M Shapter
4. Transcriptome sequencing for marker discovery
5. Molecular markers in plant breeding
Peter J Prentice, Edward K. Gilding, Ana Pavasovic, Celine H. Frere and Ian D. Godwin
6. Application of markers in plant conservation
Maurizio Rossetto and Paul D Rymer
7. Application of markers in biosecurity and plant quarantine
Andrew DW Geering
8. Molecular markers for heterosis
Gopala S Krishnan, AK Sing, Daniel LE Waters and Robert J Henry
9. SNP marker development, deployment and uses in agronomically important crop species
Stephane Descamps and Matthew A Campbell
10. Evolving molecular marker technologies for plant genetics research and breeding applications
Reyazul Rouf Mir, Pavanda J Hiremath, Ascar Roera-Lizarazu and Rajeev K Varshney
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!