Everglades National Park and the Surrounding Area leads you to 2.5 million acres of pristine and diverse landscapes and wildlife habitats-from dry, rocky pineland to open marshes. Discover the best scenic vistas, wildlife viewing opportunities, outdoor adventures, and wilderness experiences this subtropical region in southern Florida has to offer.
Look inside to find:
- where to hike, bike, kayak, and canoe
- detailed maps and trail descriptions
- facts about the area's history, flora and fauna, and weather
- local hazards and safety precautions
- lists of canoe rentals, shuttle services, and campsites
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Roger L. Hammer is a senior interpretive naturalist for the Miami-Dade Parks Deparment, director of Castellow Hammock Nature Center, a member of the board of directors of the Tropical Audubon Society, and an active volunteer, class instructor, and field-trip leader for Fairchild Tropical Garden in Miami. He received the first Marjory Stoneman Douglas Award and the Charles Brookfield Medal. He is also the author of Everglades Wildflowers and Florida Keys Wildflowers.