Sustainable agriculture is a rapidly growing field aiming at producing food and energy in a sustainable way for our children. This discipline addresses current issues such as climate change, increasing food and fuel prices, starvation, obesity, water pollution, soil erosion, fertility loss, pest control and biodiversity depletion. Novel solutions are proposed based on integrated knowledge from agronomy, soil science, molecular biology, chemistry, toxicology, ecology, economy, philosophy and social sciences. As actual society issues are now intertwined, sustainable agriculture will bring solutions to build a safer world. This book series analyzes current agricultural issues and proposes alternative solutions, consequently helping all scientists, decision-makers, professors, farmers and politicians wishing to build safe agriculture, energy and food systems for future generations.
- Convergence or divide in the movement for sustainable and just agriculture; Miguel A Altieri
- No-till agriculture in the USA; Jared Margulies
- Organic fertilizers in sub-Saharan farming systems; Jonas N. Chianu
- Biofuel Production Byproducts as Soil Amendments; Khaled D. Alotaibi
- Pseudomonas and microbes for disease-suppressive soils; Yvan Moënne-Loccoz
- Conservation Tillage Impact on Soil Aggregation, Organic Matter Turnover and Biodiversity; Tek Bahadur Sapkota
- Sustainable agricultural NP turnover in the 27 European countries; Péter Csathó
- Tomato production for human health, not only for food; Reza Ghorbani
- Jute biology, diversity, cultivation, pest control, fiber production and genetics; Sandipan Chowdhury
- Decision Support Systems for Agrotechnology Transfer; Reshmi Sarkar
- Plant growth retardants and mineral fertilisers for cotton; Zakaria M. Sawan
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!