By: Sophie von der Heyden (Author)
This guide for young explorers combines scientific fact, fascinating tidbits, brilliant full-colour photography and sensitive illustrations to bring a wonderful variety of ocean creatures vibrantly to life. Children will enjoy poring over the colourful pages as they:
- read about marine habitats like sandy beaches, rocky shores, estuaries, coral reefs and kelp forests
- discover plant and animal groups, including molluscs, crustaceans, coastal birds, mammals and reptiles, among others
- learn to identify important species from each group, using picture field-guides
- study the helpful holiday guides to find out what sea life to look out for along the shore from Walvis Bay to Mozambique
- find out why the ocean is vital to us, how it may be harmed by human activities and some of the ways in which we can help, and
- learn about the valuable work that marine scientists do.
- This introduction to the habitats, plants and creatures of the southern African shores is a celebration of ocean life that sure to become a favourite with beachcombers of all ages.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Thank You and Aloha
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985