In its thirteen chapters, Climate Change and its Ecological Implication for the Western Himalaya deals with biophysical, biological, hydrological, meteorological and socio-economic aspects of western Himalayan region of India. It emphasizes on the need for strengthening institutional and research capacities that are critical to delivering meaningful and sustainable outcomes & impacts in return for the investments made. It also makes recommendations for the policy, planning and administrative interventions & reforms necessary for efficient and equitable delivery of benefits to the intended beneficiaries and for conservation of the valuable natural resources of the region. Each chapter has been prepared by a recognized expert in the identified area and the treatment bears the required mark of quality and authenticity.
1. Physical Attributes: Soil and Landscape Characteristics of Western Himalayan Region of India/V.K. Suri, G.S. Sidhu and Anil Kumar
2. Land Use and Land Cover Patterns of Indian Western Himalayas/Amit Kumar, Sanjay Kr. Uniyal and R.D. Singh
3. Water Resources of Western Himalayan Region of India/ Kireet Kumar and Rajesh Joshi
4. Linking Climate Change with Biodiversity and Livelihoods in Indian Himalayas/K.G. Saxena,K.S. Rao and R.K. Maikhuri
5. Weather and Climate in High Altitudes with Special Reference to the Himalayas/S.K. Dash
6. Vegetation Characteristics, Floral Diversity and Resource Use in Western Himalayas/ Sanjay Kr. Uniyal and R.D. Singh
7. Biodiversity (Plants / Animals / Microbes / Birds): Status, Endemism, Threatened Species/S.K. Sharma and J.C. Rana
8. Climate-Affected Alterations in Agricultural Scenario of Western Himalayan Region: Local, Regional and National Relevance and Implications/Sanjay Kumar and P.K. Aggarwal
9. Resource Base and Livelihood Opportunities with Particular Reference to Perceived Climate Change in the Western Himalayan region of India/ Lok Man S. Palni, D.S. Rawat and Subrat Sharma
10. Ecosystem Services of the Western Himalaya : Management Implications/G.S. Rawat
11. Ecological Components Most Likely to be Influenced by Climate Change: Nature and Impact of the Effects/S.K. Vats and P.S. Ahuja
12. Research Needs for Technological Preparedness/P.S. Ahuja and Amit Chawla
13. Policy Considerations/V.L. Chopra, Indrani Chandershekharan and Amit Chawla
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!