Like the Great Smoky Mountains themselves, much about the lichens of the Smokies has remained shrouded in mystery. The Lichens and Allied Fungi of Great Smoky Mountains National Park sheds considerable light on the diversity of these intriguing organisms in the Smokies, a diversity that is unmatched in any other American national park. Written by three of this country's foremost lichen specialists and based on their extensive field and herbarium studies, The Lichens and Allied Fungi of Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a comprehensive summary of current knowledge of the lichen biota of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Included in this treatment:
- revised and annotated checklist
- comprehensive keys to all 804 known species of lichenized, lichenicolous, and allied fungi
- extensive ecological notes on noteworthy discoveries
- discussion of records for new and interesting taxa
- formal description of 2 genera and 12 species new to science
- color micrographs illustrating all new genera and species
- distribution maps for selected species
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!