Amino Acid Analysis (AAA) is an integral part of analytical biochemistry. In a relatively short time, the variety of AAA methods has evolved dramatically with more methods shifting to the use of mass spectrometry (MS) as a detection method. Another new aspect is miniaturization. However, most importantly, AAA in this day and age should be viewed in the context of Metabolomics as a part of Systems Biology.
Amino Acid Analysis: Methods and Protocols presents a broad spectrum of all available methods allowing for readers to choose the method that most suits their particular laboratory set-up and analytical needs. In Amino Acid Analysis: Methods and Protocols, a reader can find chapters describing general as well as specific approaches to the sample preparation.
A number of chapters describe specific applications of AAA in clinical chemistry as well as in food analysis, microbiology, marine biology, drug metabolism, even archeology. Separate chapters are devoted to the application of AAA for protein quantitation and chiral AAA. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Amino Acid Analysis: Methods and Protocols provides crucial techniques that can be applied across multiple disciplines by anyone involved in biomedical research or life sciences.
1. Rapid LCae'MS/MS Profiling of Protein Amino Acids and Metabolically Related Compounds for Large-Scale Assessment of Metabolic Phenotypes Liping Gu, A. Daniel Jones, and Robert L. Last
2. Combination of an AccQIaTag-Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method with Tandem Mass Spectrometry for the Analysis of Amino Acids Carolina Salazar, Jenny M. Armenta, Diego F. Cortes, and Vladimir Shulaev
3. Isotope Dilution Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry for Quantitative Amino Acid Analysis David M. Bunk and Mark S. Lowenthal
4. Analysis of Underivatized Amino Acids: Zwitterionic Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography Combined with Triple Quadrupole Tandem Mass Spectrometry Madeleine Dell'mour, Gunda Koellensperger, and Stephan Hann
5. Amino Acid Analysis via LC-MS Method after Derivatization with Quaternary Phosphonium Shinsuke Inagaki and Toshimasa Toyo'oka
6. Amino Acid Analysis by Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography Coupled with Isotope Dilution Mass Spectrometry Megumi Kato and Akiko Takatsu
7. A Universal HPLC-MS Method to Determine the Stereochemistry of Common and Unusual Amino Acids Sonja Hess
8. Amino Acid Analysis by Capillary Electrophoresis-Mass Spectrometry Akiyoshi Hirayama and Tomoyoshi Soga
9. New Advances in Amino Acid Profiling by Capillary Electrophoresis-Electrospray Ionization-Mass Spectrometry (CE-ESI-MS) Philip Britz-McKibbin
10. Optimal Conditions for the Direct RP-HPLC Determination of Underivatized Amino Acids with On-line Multiple Detection A. Pappa-Louisi, P. Agrafiotou, and S. Sotiropoulos
11. Absolute Quantitation of Proteins by Acid Hydrolysis Combined with Amino Acid Detection by Mass Spectrometry Olga A. Mirgorodskaya, Roman Korner, Yuri P. Kozmin, and Peter Roepstorff
12. Amino Acid Analysis by Means of MALDI TOF Mass Spectrometry or MALDI TOF/TOF Tandem Mass Spectrometry Natalia V. Gogichaeva and Michail A. Alterman
13. Heptafluorobutyl Chloroformate-based Sample Preparation Protocol for Chiral and Nonchiral Amino Acid Analysis by Gas Chromatography Petr Simek, Petr Husek, and Helena Zahradnickova
14. The EZ:Faast Family of Amino Acid Analysis Kits: Application of the GC-FID Kit for Rapid Determination of Plasma Tryptophan and other Amino Acids Abdulla A.-B. Badawy
15. Amino Acid Analysis in Physiological Samples by GC-MS with Propyl chloroformate Derivatization and iTRAQ-LC-MS/MS Katja Dettmer, Axel P. Stevens, Stephan R. Fagerer, Hannelore Kaspar, and Peter J. Oefner
16. Automated Analysis of Primary Amino Acids in Plasma by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Durk Fekkes
17. RP-LC of Phenylthiocarbamyl Amino Acid Adducts (PTC-AAs) in Plasma Acetonitrile Extracts: Use of Multiple Internal Standards and Variable Wavelength UV Detection Lionella Palego, Gino Giannaccini, and Antonio Lucacchini
18. Quantification of Underivatized Amino Acids on Dry Blood Spot, Plasma and Urine by HPLC-ESI-MS/MS Giuseppe Giordano, Iole Maria Di Gangi, Antonina Gucciardi, and Mauro Naturale
19. Capillary Electrophoresis of Free Amino Acids in Physiological Fluids without Derivatization Employing Direct or Indirect Absorbance Detection Gordana D. Zunic, Slavica Spasic, and Zorana Jelic-Ivanovic
20. Measurement of 3-nitro-tyrosine in Human Plasma and Urine by Gas Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Dimitrios Tsikas, Anja Mitschke, and Frank-Mathias Gutzki
21. Analysis of Hydroxyproline in Collagen Hydrolysates Tobias Langrock and Ralf Hoffmann
22. Innovative and Rapid Procedure for 4-hydroxyproline Determination in Meat-based Foods Maria Cristina Messia and Emanuele Marconi
23. Multiple Reaction Monitoring for the Accurate Quantification of Amino Acids: Using Hydroxyproline to Estimate Collagen Content Michelle L. Colgrave, Peter G. Allingham, Kerri Tyrrell, and Alun Jones
24. Sequential Injection Chromatography for Fluorimetric Determination of Intracellular Amino Acids in Marine Microalgae Marilda Rigobello-Masini and Jorge C. Masini
25. Direct Analysis of Underivatized Amino Acids in Plant Extracts by LC-MS-MS Bjorn Thiele, Nadine Stein, Marco Oldiges, and Diana Hofmann
26. Wheat Gluten Amino Acid Analysis by High-Performance Anion-Exchange Chromatography with Integrated Pulsed Amperometric Detection Ine Rombouts, Bert Lagrain, Lieve Lamberts, Inge Celus, Kristof Brijs, Jan A. Delcour
27. Preparative HPLC Separation of Underivatized Amino Acids for Isotopic Analysis Jennifer A. Tripp and James S. O. McCullagh
28. Quantification of Amino Acids in a Single Cell by Microchip Electrophoresis with Chemiluminescence Detection Yi-Ming Liu and Shulin Zhao
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!