SELDI is distinct from other TOF-MS technologies in that it couples features of chromatography and mass spectrometry, facilitating analyte enrichment and sample cleanup on an array surface. In the growing field of proteomics, SELDI technology has been widely used for biomarker discovery and characterization in diverse applications including diagnostics, drug development, and basic research. SELDI-based biomarker studies can typically be divided into four phases: discovery, validation, purification and identification, and assay development.
SELDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry: Methods and Protocols provides an overview of the current applications of SELDI-TOF MS (surface enhanced laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry), with an emphasis on study and experimental design, data analysis and interpretation, and assay development. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, SELDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry: Methods and Protocols will provide information on optimizing study design, experimental protocols, and data analysis and interpretation to yield robust biomarkers and biomarker assays, using examples from different disease areas.
1. Optimized Conditions for a Quantitative SELDI TOF MS Protein Assay Lee Lomas, Charlotte Clarke, Vanitha Thulasiraman, and Eric Fung
2. Solid-phase Fractionation Strategies Applied to Proteomics Investigations Luc Guerrier, Frederic Fortis, and Egisto Boschetti
3. Data Processing and Analysis Using ProteinChip(R) Data Manager Software Enrique A. Dalmasso and Dominic Casenas
4. Purification and Identification of Candidate biomarkers discovered using SELDI TOF MS Amanda L. Bulman and Enrique Dalmasso
5. Biomarker Discovery in Serum/Plasma Using Surface Enhanced Laser Desorption Ionization Time Of Flight (SELDI TOF) Mass Spectrometry Platform Momar Ndao
6. Plasma Proteomic Profiling of Pediatric Osteosarcoma Yiting Li, TuAhn Dang, and Tsz-Kwong Man
7. Profiling of Urine Using ProteinChip Technology Ronald L. Woodbury, Diane B. McCarthy, and Amanda L. Bulman
8. Protein Profiling of Cerebrospinal Fluid Anja H. Simonsen
9. SELDI TOF Mass Spectrometry-Based Protein Profiling of Tissue Samples for Toxicological Studies Alexandra Sposny and Philip G. Hewitt
10. Proteomic Analysis of Skeletal Muscle Tissue Using SELDI TOF MS: Application to Disuse Atrophy Mark S. F. Clarke
11. Profiling Cervical Lavage Fluid by SELDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry Adam Burgener
12. Isolation and Proteomic Analysis of Platelets by SELDI TOF MS Sean R. Downing and Giannoula L. Klement
13. Using SELDI-TOF Mass spectrometry on Amniotic Fluid and for Clinical Proteomics and Theranostics in Disorders of Pregnancy Irina A. Buhimschi
14. High Throughput Profiling of Serum Phosphoproteins/ peptides using the SELDI TOF MS Platform Lin Ji, Gitanjali Jayachandran and Jack A. Roth
15. Analysis of Protein-protein Interaction using ProteinChip Array- based SELDI TOF Mass Spectrometry Gitanjali Jayachandran, Jack A. Roth, and Lin Ji
16. Quantitation of Amyloid Beta Peptides in CSF by Surface Enhanced MALDI-TOF Eddie Takahashi, Anita Howe, Ole Vesterqvist and Zhaosheng Lin
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!