561 pages, 37 colour & 28 b/w illustrations
Recent progress in high-throughput technologies and genome wide transcriptome studies have lead to a significant scientific milestone of discovering non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) which spans through a major portion of the genome. These RNAs most often act as riboregulators, and actively participate in the regulation of important cellular functions at the transcriptional and/or post-transcriptional levels rather than simply being an intermediated messenger between DNA and proteins.
As the appreciation for the importance of ncRNAs continues to emerge, it is also increasingly clear that these play critical roles in gene regulatory processes during development and differentiation. Further, regulatory RNAs are useful biomarkers for diagnosis of diseases. Hence these RNA regulators are essential to the development of therapeutics. This book on Regulatory RNAs offers a comprehensive view on our current understanding of these regulatory RNAs viz. siRNA, miRNA, piRNA, snoRNA, long non-coding RNA, small RNA etc. It addresses both the biogenesis and mechanism of action of regulatory RNAs with a primary focus on their annotation, experimental methodologies (microarray, next-gen sequencing etc.) for their discovery, computational tools for their prediction, and above all, applications of these revolutionary regulatory molecules in understanding biological systems and diseases, including therapeutics.
Regulatory RNAs is intended for readers with research or teaching interests in ncRNA biology and will provide a major information resource on current research in the fast-moving fields of RNA and gene expression regulation. Cutting-edge and concise, Regulatory RNAsBasics, Methods and Applications promises to support vital research in the field of regulatory RNAs, ever-continuing to grow rapidly and gain increasing importance in basic and translational biology.
- Renaissance of Regulatory RNAs
- Diversity, overlap and relationships in the small RNA landscape
- Fragments of small nucleolar RNAs as a new source for non-coding RNAs
- Small regulatory RNAs (sRNAs) - key players in prokaryotic metabolism, stress response and virulence
- The canonical RNA interference pathway in animals
- Generation of functional long non-coding RNA through transcription and natural selection
- MicroRNA regulation of neuronal differentiation and plasticity
- Long Non-coding RNA Function and Expression in Cancer
- Expression profiling of ncRNAs employing RNP libraries and custom LNA/DNA microarray analysis
- Targeted methods to improve small RNA profiles generated by deep sequencing
- Biocomputational identification of bacterial small RNAs and their target binding sites
- Identifying functional miRNA targets using over-expression and knockdown methods
- Identification of lncRNAs using computational and experimental approaches
- Experimental analyses of RNA-based regulations in Bacteria
- Microregulators ruling over pluripotent stem cells
- The role of RNA-interference in targeting the cancer stem cell and clinical trials for cancer
- microRNAs in development, stem cell differentiation and regenerative medicine
- The role of microRNAs in neurodegenerative diseases: Implications for early detection and treatment
- siRNA therapeutic design: tools and challenges
- Artificial MicroRNA and its Applications
- Deep sequencing of microRNAs in cancer: Expression profiling and its applications
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!