Originally published in 1977, Enzyme Kinetics covers in a comprehensive manner the detailed kinetic analysis of a number of different enzyme models. Each kinetic equation is developed in a stepwise fashion so that the reader can more easily follow the mathematical procedure. However, more advanced subjects are also introduced and Enzyme Kinetics contains sections on coupled enzyme systems, oscillatory kinetics, computer simulation of biochemical systems and statistical analysis of enzyme kinetic data.
Enzyme Kinetics will be of value to anyone with an interest in enzyme kinetics and the development of biochemistry.
1. Introduction to kinetics
2. Simple enzyme-catalysed reactions
3. Enzyme inhibition
4. The effect of pH on the rate of enzyme-catalysed reactions
5. The effect of temperature on enzyme-catalysed reactions
6. Multi-substrate enzyme systems
7. Fast reactions
8. Regulatory enzymes and their kinetic behaviour
9. Coupled enzyme systems
10. Computer simulation of biochemical systems
Appendix I. Theory and use of the Laplace-Carson operator method
Appendix II. The computation of enzyme parameters by curve fitting procedures
Appendix III. Analogue computer units
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!